Thursday, February 7, 2013

His Dark Materials

Firstly, I'd like to say that all of these books were completely amazing. I'd suggest that if you are at a higher reading level and can handle the literature, you should read this series. Usually this book wouldn't catch my attention, but I took a chance and I'm really glad that I did.

The Golden Compass: It had me hooked right from the start. What could be better than a girl sneaking around where she's not allowed, and having to hide in a closet about to get caught? It sounds kind of dumb when I say it, but if you give this book a chance, it'll snare you just like it did to me. It also doesn't hurt that this book is totally action-packed.

The Subtle Knife: This one is probably my favorite, but I can't quite decide. At first I thought the book was in the wrong place, and the bookstore messed up. The story doesn't start with Lyra, and that made me want to read it even more to see where she was and what this boy had to do with her story. Of the three books in this series, I'd say this one had the most going on.

The Amber Spyglass: This book was completely AMAZING. Everything's been working up to this, and now that it's finally here, I didn't want it to end anymore. Although The Subtle Knife probably had the most action, the things going on in The Amber Spyglass were way more intense. This book was also able to get me thinking, so occasionally I had to put it down and consider everything that was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment